A Haven for Wildlife
We have been welcoming wildlife groups to our 5* activity accommodation for over 30 years and can offer your group a great value break in fantastic surroundings with excellent accommodation.
Most of the 73 square miles is protected by EC and UK conservation directives and much of it is designated as sites of special scientific interest. This creates an unrivalled haven for wildlife in a beautiful setting away from the crowds.
Our guide will share his expert knowledge of the area and take you to parts of the valley that only local people know about, we will be looking out for Red Kite, Peregrine Falcon, Merlin, Ring Ousel, Raven and Dipper as well as the many species found in the old oak woodlands.
The Lodge - accommodation:
The Lodge itself is a Victorian building that has been extensively adapted and renovated to offer excellent en-suite accommodation for 36 people, fantastic food and a warm welcome at the end of your day with tea and homemade cakes.
Your weekend break will include:
- 2 nights’ bed and breakfast in 5* en-suite activity accommodation.
- Two days packed lunches with a wide selection of sandwich fillings.
- Three course evening meals Friday and Saturday with a choice of menu.
- Unlimited tea and coffee throughout your stay with home made cake Friday and Saturday afternoon.
- Fully-stocked, licensed honesty bar with selection of wines and beers.
- Local expert guide for Saturday & Sunday who will plan the days to suit your party and the weather conditions.
We invite group bookings of 12 people or more with no single room supplements for arrival after 5pm on Friday vacating the Lodge after breakfast on Sunday.
Fully inclusive weekend rate of £175 per person
For LONGER BREAKS, please ring for dates:-
- Three nights including three days guide
£255 per person
- Four nights with four days guide
£340 per person
If you would like to talk to us about arranging a weekend at the Lodge please call: 01597 811143 or email email@example.com
If you would like to make a booking we are happy to hold a provisional date for a few weeks to enable you to circulate your members. To confirm the booking we then ask for a £25 per person deposit, the balance is payable during your stay.